We've been taking our little ones to the beach since they were only a few months old. Emile our youngest was only 3 months old when we took her on vacation to Martha's Vineyard and Maine.We had to make adjustments on when we went to the beach and the amount of time we spent on the beach, but we all had a great time.More importantly we kept the baby cool and comfortable.So, as we begin another beach season, I wanted to share with all of you new mama's, what you will need to pack when you take the baby to the beach.Here's my packing list for baby's first trip to the beach.
- You'll need a couple of swim suits for the baby.I love these Mud Pie Swim Suits.
- A cute swim suit cover up with a hood is essential when taking the baby to the beach.
- I always take one of these sun hats with UPF 50+ protection whenever I take Emilie out in the sun.
- Whether you are taking the little one in the water or not, I would recommend that you pick some disposable swim diapers or reusable swim diapers.
- Always pack some sun screen when you are going to the beach with the baby in tow.
- I brought a pair of these infant swim shoes last summer and kept her little feet safe.
- Baby powder is essential when you need to dust off sand from baby's body.I prefer this Organic dusting powder.
- I always tend to carry an insulated bottle bag as well as a wet diaper bag when I travel with the baby.
- We bought one these sand-free mats last summer and absolutely loved it.I was able to put the baby down without having to worry about sand getting all over her.
- A pool float is great if you plan on taking the baby to the pool.
- This is my must-have item when taking the baby to the beach.I honestly don't think I'll be comfortable taking the baby to the beach with this umbrella.It provides ample shade, is quite sturdy and shields the baby from the wind.
Hope you and your family enjoy the summer, make precious memories and stay safe!